Translate

Monday, 24 June 2013

Accidental Horseman: Learning to whisper, my musings and stuff

Hello,

My name is Matt and this is my blog, the Accidental Horseman.  I'm an amateur photographer, film maker, and now blogger, vlogger and trainee horse whisperer.

I called it the Accidental Horseman because not a lot in my life up to this point would have lead anyone to believe that this is what I wanted to do.  

A very brief history of how I got here...

I was born and raised in London (England, UK) in a not particularly horsey family in a not particularly horsey area.  Riding lessons were more than my parents could afford and that was pretty much that.  I loved all sport and played pretty much everything but most of my childhood and teenage years revolved around eating and playing tennis.  But there was always a little part of me that was still fascinated by horses and the 5-year-old in me longed to be one of those people who could seemingly whisper to our equine friends.  Fast forward quite a few years…I moved out of London to a wonderful place called the English countryside and at the age of 26 finally decided to dive into the horse world.





So this is the beginning of my journey and I’m writing this blog so that people can come along with me.  Some of you may be a little bit, or a lot, further down the road than me, others maybe haven't started yet.   

I have a lot to learn but hope to share what I learn with you all and you never know, one day I might just end up training a horse or two…

No comments:

Post a Comment