I forgot about the video camera, whose footage I would be scrutinising later. I didn’t think I would, it’s funny what the thought of being filmed does to someone when you’re not used to it. I thought every little mistake or blunder in communication would send my ego into a panic “well that’ll look rubbish on the video, this is what I’m going to have to show people!” Luckily, this wasn’t the case.
The video camera was skilfully handled by an Intelligent Horsemanship volunteer and she was filming my third Join-up of the week with the wonderful Sox. (“Bromance of the week” was how my feedback sheet from Linda started). As soon as I got into the round pen and Linda told me to unclip and get going, that’s when I forgot about the camera and the people outside the pen. I’ll be the first to admit that my concentration span is rubbish, but there’s something about working with a horse that holds my undivided attention. I was left, mostly, up to my own devices this time with much fewer instructions coming from the instructor than before. Strangely this gave me more confidence, I suppose it was knowing that the safety net was still there but they had confidence in me to leave me to my own devices. The join-up went really well and felt really quick, before I knew it we were posing for a cheesy grin to the camera (Sox is infinitely more photogenic than me). That cheesy grin stayed with me all the way back to the stable where I made a big fuss of Sox and headed back out to see the next member of the group do their video session.
I loved watching the other members of the group doing their thing almost as much as when I was working with the horses myself, I was rooting for them all.
No comments:
Post a Comment